Download: Smoothboard 1.6

I’ve recently downloaded Goh Boon Jin’s Smoothboard 1.6 to drive my Wiimote interactive whiteboard. In my estimation, it seems to be the software that gets us closer than ever to primetime. Key IWB features like annotation, PowerPoint controls, and screen capture aim this software to compete directly with corporate players like Smart and Promethean. A floating toolbar with big, pen-clickable buttons makes it easy to change modes without running back to your PC to click a new setting.

In the settings panel, Smoothboard features some key enhancements that may prove to make the Wiimote-PC connection simple enough for average users. No more muddling around with the painfully slow Bluetooth Connection Wizard. Just press the 1 and 2 buttons on the Wiimote, and the software takes does the rest. I use a Kensington USB dongle to add bluetooth connectivity to my PC, so I’m stuck with the Wizard.

Smoothboard is shareware, and if you want to get rid of the nagging register window, you can buy a registration key for $29.99.

Smoothboard 1.6 Release | Smoothboard.net – The Wiimote Whiteboard.

One Response to “Download: Smoothboard 1.6”

1.   Stephanie Says:

Hi,

Great to hear that of your positive review on Smoothboard =) !